In Times of Bereavement
If Death Occurs At Home
- Telephone the doctor who will visit to confirm that death has taken place.
- Contact a funeral director.
- Due to Covid-19 we are currently emailing Medical Certificates of Death direct to the Registrar. You will need to book a telephone appointment with the Registrar.
If The Death Occurs In Hospital
- Contact a funeral director to inform him his services are required.
- Collect the certificate from the hospital then follow 4 – 5 as above.
- Note For Cremation: Your funeral director will usually liaise directly with the surgery regarding the additional certification required.